Junior I&C Mining EngineerFull Time posted 2 months ago
Summary: Are you a passionate individual pursuing a career as a mining engineer and eager to embark on a challenging journey within the ever-evolving mining industry. We are currently on the lookout for a skilled Junior I&C Mining Engineer to become part of our team. Working in collaboration with experienced engineers, as a Junior I&C Mining Engineer, you will have the opportunity to gain practical knowledge in the development, execution, and upkeep of essential instrumentation and control systems for highly effective mining practices.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate phases of Control System engineering work in a multi-discipline environment.
- Plan, coordinate, or prepares equipment or work specifications, bid evaluations, and award recommendations for equipment.
- Coordinate engineering efforts in assigned areas between the clients, suppliers, and contractors and between other disciplines.
- Prepare letters to vendors and clients.
- Review bid analyses and makes a recommendation.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports, or proposals.
- Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of cost estimates, quantity take-offs, and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts, and change orders.
- Understand the standard engineering work planning, scheduling, and cost estimating, and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the application of engineering techniques.
- Knowledgeable of and perform standard discipline engineering activities on projects of relatively small size and complexity within the business line with minimal technical oversight.
- Support the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction. Qualifications Minimum
- 0-4 years of experience
- Basic skills in design and design tools (e.g., sizing programs, DCS/PLC configuration, databases/spreadsheets)
- Familiar with basic engineering deliverables such as drawings, specifications, and material requisitions
- Excellent communication skills (Oral and written)
- Knowledge of industry/regulatory codes and standards
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills
- Familiar with standard materials and methods of construction related to discipline
- Understands basic work process in discipline
- More proficient in department applications or specific vendor applications