Junior I&C Mining EngineerFull Time posted 2 weeks ago
Merit Services is looking for a candidate who can design, plan and schedule projects across multiple engineering fields.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate phases of Control System engineering work in a multi-discipline environment.
- Plan, coordinate, or prepares equipment or work specifications, bid evaluations, and award recommendations for equipment.
- Coordinate engineering efforts in assigned areas between the clients, suppliers, and contractors and between other disciplines.
- Prepare letters to vendors and clients.
- Review bid analyses and makes a recommendation.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports, or proposals.
- Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of cost estimates, quantity take-offs, and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts, and change orders.
- Understand the standard engineering work planning, scheduling, and cost estimating, and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the application of engineering techniques.
- Knowledgeable of and perform standard discipline engineering activities on projects of relatively small size and complexity within the business line with minimal technical oversight.
- Support the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
• 0-4 years of experience
• Basic skills in design and design tools (e.g., sizing programs, DCS/PLC configuration, databases/spreadsheets)
• Familiar with basic engineering deliverables such as drawings, specifications, and material requisitions
• Excellent communication skills (Oral and written).
• Knowledge of industry/regulatory codes and standards.
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills
• Familiar with standard materials and methods of construction related to discipline
• Understands basic work process in discipline
• More proficient in department applications or specific vendor applications