IT Data AnalystFull Time Permanent posted 3 months ago
‣ Develop and maintain data management and reporting solutions to support Network Services risk management stakeholders and supporting teams.
‣ Works as part of a team under guidance of senior manager to design, develop and support data management and presentation solutions.
‣ Provide a broad range of data management and analysis functions including data warehousing, data modeling, ETL, data quality assessment, data profiling and data provenance and lineage.
‣ Collaborate with risk management and supporting engineering/delivery teams to elicit information and articulate requirements.
‣ Ensure data is maintained in compliance with enterprise data standards, policies and guidelines.
‣ Perform regular code upgrades and associated change management activities (requires occasional after-hours contributions).
‣ Contribute to technical system activities such as implementations, upgrades, troubleshooting and incident remediation as required.
‣ Identify opportunities to automate data management, refresh and distribution capabilities.
‣ Leverage APIs to integrate and process data collected from various sources for staging in data mart.
‣ Leverage infrastructure subject matter expertise to assist consumers with interpretation of data and practical applications.
‣ Subject matter will include physical network infrastructure, virtual instances, OS software/firmware, risk factors (currency, vulnerability, configuration, support), product lifecycles and standards, service-related financials and project delivery tracking.
‣ Potential to develop reporting and interactive data visualization presentations.
‣ Participate in knowledge transfer within the team and partners.
‣ Continuously enhance knowledge/expertise in own area and keep current with leading-edge technologies trends.
‣ University or Post-Graduate Degree or equivalent experience.
‣ Strong academic background (eg computer science, data management/data science).
‣ 5+ years working IT experience.
‣ Practical working experience in a data management, analyst and/or reporting role.
‣ Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
‣ Strong MS SQL experience – data management, ETL, scripting, T-SQL, reporting services, development of complex efficient queries.
‣ Working experience with data visualization tools is highly desirable.
‣ Programming and scripting experience would be an asset (PowerShell, R, Python, REST, JSON).
‣ Ability to leverage APIs for data extraction.
‣ Knowledge of IT service management frameworks, tools, processes and procedures.
‣ Advanced MS Excel proficiency is expected.
‣ Previous experience working with an Agile style approach to development and delivery is an asset.
‣ Experience in networking technology is an asset.
‣ ServiceNow inventory and process automation experience an asset.
‣ Technical network infrastructure build, engineering or architecture experience an asset.