IT Data AnalystFull Time Permanent posted 3 months ago
Summary; Are you passionate about uncovering insights from data and driving informed business decisions? Join our team as an IT Data Analyst and be at the forefront of transforming data into actionable knowledge. This role offers an exciting opportunity to collaborate, innovate, and make a real impact.
- Develop and maintain data management and reporting solutions to support Network Services risk management stakeholders and supporting teams.
- Works as part of a team under guidance of senior manager to design, develop and support data management and presentation solutions.
- Provide a broad range of data management and analysis functions including data warehousing, data modeling, ETL, data quality assessment, data profiling and data provenance and lineage.
- Collaborate with risk management and supporting engineering/delivery teams to elicit information and articulate requirements.
- Ensure data is maintained in compliance with enterprise data standards, policies and guidelines.
- Perform regular code upgrades and associated change management activities (requires occasional after-hours contributions).
- Contribute to technical system activities such as implementations, upgrades, troubleshooting and incident remediation as required.
- Identify opportunities to automate data management, refresh and distribution capabilities.
- Leverage APIs to integrate and process data collected from various sources for staging in data mart.
- Leverage infrastructure subject matter expertise to assist consumers with interpretation of data and practical applications.
- Subject matter will include physical network infrastructure, virtual instances, OS software/firmware, risk factors (currency, vulnerability, configuration, support), product lifecycles and standards, service-related financials and project delivery tracking.
- Potential to develop reporting and interactive data visualization presentations.
- Participate in knowledge transfer within the team and partners.
- Continuously enhance knowledge/expertise in own area and keep current with leading-edge technologies trends.
- University or Post-Graduate Degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong academic background (eg computer science, data management/data science).
- 5+ years working IT experience.
- Practical working experience in a data management, analyst and/or reporting role.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong MS SQL experience – data management, ETL, scripting, T-SQL, reporting services, development of complex efficient queries.
- Working experience with data visualization tools is highly desirable.
- Programming and scripting experience would be an asset (PowerShell, R, Python, REST, JSON).
- Ability to leverage APIs for data extraction.
- Knowledge of IT service management frameworks, tools, processes and procedures.
- Advanced MS Excel proficiency is expected.
- Previous experience working with an Agile style approach to development and delivery is an asset.
- Experience in networking technology is an asset.
- ServiceNow inventory and process automation experience an asset.
- Technical network infrastructure build, engineering or architecture experience an asset.