Intermediate Mechanical EngineerFull Time posted 1 month ago
INDUSTRY: Engineering – Oil & Gas
Merit Services is looking for an Intermediate Mechanical engineer for our client. The ideal candidate has intermediate knowledge of oil and gas plant design experience.
• 8-12 years of EPCM experience in Oil and Gas Projects Gas Plant Design experience is an asset.
• Perform successful completion of assigned mechanical engineering tasks and engineering deliverables Interface with the other engineering disciplines (process, civil/structural, electrical, instrumentation, automation, etc.) to ensure a coordinated design and engineering deliverables are completed Interface with Clients, project team and vendors to define project scope, resolve technical issues, and assist with the preparation of procurement documents (technical specifications.)
• Lead Client/vendor/contractor meetings Field trips to client site as required determining the scope of Mechanical tasks Size and select equipment, materials, and process systems
• Check vendor equipment drawings to ensure design accuracy and compliance with specifications Specifying, evaluating, and selecting oil and gas processing equipment Contribute to P& Line Designation Table development.
• Design involvement will include Pipeline, Pressure Piping, Pressure Vessels Pumps, Compressors, and Heat Exchangers Equipment specifications and evaluations; Mechanical drawing development & review Provide comprehensive design services by supporting the establishment of design criteria and the preparation of specifications, design computations, drawings, models, and bills of material in accordance with basic project requirements.
• Prepare engineering scope of work packages and work with vendors to supply mechanical equipment.
• Ensure consistency and integrity of all major equipment in accordance with all codes and specifications Proficient in ASME Sec. VIII code for pressure vessel design, CSA Z662 code for Pipeline, ASME B31.3 code for Piping, TEMA for Heat exchangers, and API for pumps and compressors.
• Experience with the NACE standards and their application
• Package Engineering experience is a must-have.
• Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills Conventional oil, heavy oil, and SAGD or sweet and sour gas project experience is preferred. Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Familiarity with CAESAR II Stress Analysis Software is an asset.
• Knowledgeable in specifying and procurement of all types of Mechanical Equipment (static and rotating) and Packages
• Education and: APEGA P. Eng. – Mechanical Engineering Degree
• Minimum 8 years oil and gas experience – EPCM background preferred
• Package Engineering is a must-have Excellent working knowledge of Static and Rotating Equipment Design Experience with piping and pipelines.
• Must be familiar with ABSA and AEUB regulatory requirements
• Applicable knowledge of industrial codes (CSA, ASME, API) Equinox Success Statement