Location: Toronto or Hamilton
Position Summary: The Intermediate Bookkeeper will provide a range of outsourced bookkeeping services both in-house and at the client’s offices.
This role will assist with full-cycle bookkeeping, payroll, government filings and general business advice.
– Bookkeeping to trial balance, including accounts payable, bank reconciliations, cheque runs and account analysis.
– Preparation of client payroll using internet payroll service providers (Payweb, Ceridian and ADP)
– Preparation of regulatory tax filing (T4, T5, HST, EHT & WSIB)
– Preparation of year end working paper package for accounting
– Drafting correspondence related to client engagements
– Must have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of bookkeeping experience working at an accounting firm
– Proficient in MS Office including Word and Excel, and highly computer literate overall
– Extensive experience with QBO and Xero
– Experience in QBO ecosystem third party apps
– Hubdoc, Plooto, Receipt Bank, etc. would be an asset
– Understanding of Investment accounting bookkeeping (dealing with portfolios, handling dividends, capital gains and the corresponding T3 and T5 work) would be an asset
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Ability to establish and maintain strong client relationships
– Organizational skills for prioritizing demands and workflow
– Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
– Must have a strong commitment to quality
– Solid understanding of business professionalism
– Able to successfully work in a team environment