Merit Services is hiring! We are looking for a talented Instrument Control Engineer for our client to join their industry leading in Canada. There might be travel required for the role.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide automation engineering support for moderate to complex process engineering projects.
- Develop automation User Requirements Specifications (URS) based on customer need.
- Actively collaborate with the process design and project teams to support execution of successful project studies.
- Develop the design and specifications for DCS, PLC and SCADA based process control systems for Company clients and projects.
- Develop the design of process control and automation systems in compliance with cGMP, GAMP, related industry standards and customer requirements.
- Collaborate with client counterpart to develop control systems concepts, architectures and control platforms as applied to the client project.
- Identify, qualify and collaborate with third party system integrators as necessary to support project and company business objectives.
- Prepare or review budgets based on experience and scope of project.
- Promote use of and participate in the development of company design and production standards.
- Develop or supervise development of I&C design deliverables including datasheets, control narratives, P&IDs, control schematics, network architecture diagrams, control panel design, cable/conduit/tray routing.
- Work with end users and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) to coordinate application of automation products.
- Interface with Electrical and Process Engineers to fully coordinate design requirements for network, power, control, and instrumentation.
- Perform automation related job functions as assigned, including preparation of I/O lists, Instrumentation lists and the specification of instrumentation and control element.
- Able to work effectively with senior-level contacts through strong interpersonal skills and acumen.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of diversified engineering experience with in-depth knowledge of industry requirements and applications within the Process Automation for BioPharmaceutical Manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with industrial process control system including DCS, PLC and SCADA based systems.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with process instrumentation.
- Experience in engineering design programs and computer aided drafting (CAD).
- Experience with the development of control system network architectures is required.
- Experience with specifying field instrumentation, process analyzers, DCS/PLC hardware and wiring design is required.
- Experienced with CSA/ISA standards and the interpretation of P&ID drawings is required.