Merit Services is hiring! We are looking for a talented HVAC Engineer for our client to join their industry leading in Canada. There might be travel required for the role.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare design computations and quality estimates and develops probable cost estimates for the smaller projects within the business unit.
- Modify scopes of work for mechanical designs (HVAC/Utilities) based on preliminary review and client meetings.
- Assist with the preparation of engineering studies and schematic designs for new HVAC/Utilities systems and analyze the operation of existing systems.
- Make calculations using engineering formulas and skills for design such as heating and cooling loads, equipment sizing, etc.
- Select equipment based on recommendations of Project Designer/Engineer and fill out equipment schedules.
- Research code issues and ask relevant questions of code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception to building codes is required.
- Review the work of the project design teams, checks the progress of the work, and alerts Project Managers of scope changes or additional services.
- Provide drawings for own designs and produce sketches to incorporate in drawings by drafters.
- Coordinates all aspects of project document completion within Company, externally with clients and with other relevant design professionals.
- Report on design budgets based on the project scope as needed.
- Promotes the use of company design and production standards.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Significant proven mechanical design experience (HVAC and Utilities) within Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Life Sciences or Laboratory industries (industry experience is required).
- Bachelors of Engineering Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) is strongly preferred.
- HVAC and/or Utilities design experience.
- Experience working with computer operations for engineering design programs and computer aided drafting (AutoCAD, Revit, etc.).