Human Resources/ Admin Coordinator Co-op Opportunity at Merit Services
At Merit Services we are hiring an energetic, dynamic, and ambitious intern who is willing to help us expand our clientele for our office in Waterloo/Scarborough/Vaughan. The suitable candidate is expected to bring in valuable experience and must have strong interest and knowledge in human resources. Candidates must be currently enrolled in any government funded college/university and may have co-op internships as a part of their program.
Full time- 08:30 AM- 04:30 PM, Monday to Friday
Part time- 08:30 AM- 04:30 PM, Any three days
Some of the responsibilities in this role are:
- Engage and contribute towards the operations and meetings.
- Assist with screening resumes, prescreening, conducting telephonic interview and assisting with in-person interview
- Auditing job descriptions as per companies’ requirements and posting job on various job portals.
- Assisting with the research work towards health and safety requirements and safety-training program.
- Brainstorm and assist the manager with creating content for social media on HR topics.
- Promote safety awareness through communication and specific training programs.
- Assisting with background check, onboarding, and documentation of the potential and current employees of Merit Services and its clients.
- Assist with performance reviews and termination process
- Daily tours of the facility to address immediate employee questions/concerns.
- Assist with organizing events, job fairs, and meet and greats.
- Liaises with other HR field staff on recruiting related matters and administration duties.
About the requirements to succeed in this role:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Extraordinary customer service skills
- Previous administrative work experience would be an asset
- Proven ability to examine risks and seek potential for business opportunity
- Reliability, time management.
- Team player
- Should enjoy working and create a fun environment.
- Ability to think out of the box and challenge day to day operations to create better opportunities.
- Must be currently enrolled in bachelors or diploma majoring in human resources management in a government funded college/university.