Heavy Duty Machine OperatorPermanent posted 2 months ago
Merit Services is hiring a heavy-duty machine operator for our client. The candidate will be in charge of operating and controlling huge trucks and pieces of equipment for the automotive industry.
- Checks things like oil, water, and tyres as part of standard vehicle maintenance.
- Follow the company’s operating safety regulations and procedures when operating heavy equipment.
- Ensure the equipment is loaded and unloaded from trucks and trailers safely.
- Assure proper upkeep, cleanliness, and safe storage of company supplies, tools, and workspace.
- Ensuring that the equipment is in excellent operating order by inspecting it both before and after usage.
- Provincial operator certification from licensed associations is required.
- A commercial driver’s license is required
- A high school degree or Ontario secondary diploma, some secondary schooling is required
- Dozer, excavator, tractor-loader, and backhoe operator trade certification is mandatory.
- Internal business certification is preferred.
- The Red Seal endorsement is preferred.