Job ID 13221
Include but not limited to;
- Follows established care plans.
- Provides personal care for our residents from admission or transfer including; bathing, grooming, dressing, assists with meals, oral hygiene and performing other care duties as applicable.
- Responds to call bells/alarms.
- Observes and monitors residents progress, symptoms and behavioral changes and reports significant observations.
- Utilizes proper safety protocols when operating mechanical aides such as specialty beds, wheelchairs, and stretchers to transport residents.
- Aids with lifting and/or transferring of residents by following established lifting/safety techniques.
- Provides residents with nutritional assistance (e.g. meals, nourishment and tray service, assists residents to eat as needed). Assists residents to and from dining areas in accordance with meal service schedules. Reports any appetite/fluid/food intake changes or concerns immediately to the nurse.
- Encourages resident participation in food service and clean up.
- Performs laundry of resident’s personal clothing as required.
- Involves the resident in organizing and maintaining their home environment, ensuring it is done according to the residents’ wishes and needs.
- Attends and participates in community and education programs.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Graduate from a recognized Care Aide Program.
- Food Safe Level 1 Certificate an asset.
- Medication Administration Certification an asset.
- Previous experience in a long term care facility an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to provide compassionate and empathetic care.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently and understand verbal and written instructions.
- All successful applicants must pass the vulnerable sector Criminal Record Check applicable to Provincial guidelines.
- Must be in good health, physically able to perform repetitive tasks, lift, squat, bend, stand and walk as required to perform the duties of the position.