First and Second CookContract Full Time posted 6 months ago
You are responsible for assisting the cook to ensure the kitchen performs to the highest standard possible. You are responsible to perform duties such as preparing/portioning assigned food items, planning cooking and preparation schedules, inventory and ordering, and sanitization of work areas.
- Prepare food using appropriate techniques of cooking under the guidance of his superior.
- Ensure kitchen & dining areas (chairs, tables, walls, and ceilings) are cleaned on a regular basis.
- Anticipates needs and assures availability of raw products for daily and future production as assigned.
- Assist in stock-taking and any duties that the cook may deem necessary. Care and rotation of all fruits and vegetables in fridges and storeroom.
- Assist in loading and unloading groceries and putting them away properly.
- Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Assist other departments whenever necessary.
- Improves skills by learning and practicing the skills and responsibilities of a First cook.
- Ensure the organization and hygiene in the Kitchen.
- Maintains a neat, well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Assists in basic dessert preparation.
- Know how to work in teams.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Interest in developing the area/company.
- Positive attitude.
- Attention and concentration.
- Ability to work under pressure.