Extraction Lab TechnicianContract posted 4 months ago
Merit Services is looking for an Extraction Lab Technician for our client. The incumbent will be responsible for the operation and support of hardware utilized for cannabis extraction and guaranteeing the security, quality, and effectiveness of the extraction preparation.
- Operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment such as aspirators, rotary evaporators and centrifuges.
- Controls and maintains stock levels of supplies and raw materials required for the extraction process.
- Accurately record all extractions, including weight, temperature, and extraction time.
- Follow strict safety protocols, including the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), handling of hazardous chemicals, and adequate laboratory ventilation.
- Participate in the development of new extraction methods and techniques.
- Collaborate with other members of the production team to ensure consistently high-quality products.
- Cleans and maintains laboratories and equipment to ensure a clean and safe work environment.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with laboratory methods of cannabis extraction.
- Knowledge of cannabis extraction processes, including extraction of supercritical carbon dioxide, hydrocarbons and ethanol.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and quality control standards.
- Ability to follow and create standard operating procedures.
- Ability to analyze and report data effectively and communicate results to management.
- Experience with laboratory equipment such as rotary evaporators, centrifuges and distillation equipment.
- Proficiency in Excel or Google spreadsheets.
- Must be willing to submit background checks.