- Full Time Part Time
- View on Map
- posted 1 month ago
- Posted : January 4, 2023 -Accepting applications
- Salary: $49,000.00 - $53,000.00 / per year
- View(s) 834
Job ID 15029
‣ Movement of rail equipment as required. The employee must possess a valid Alstom equipment operator’s certificate for moving rail equipment.
‣ Perform scheduled inspections and unscheduled repairs, including component replacements on coaches, including, but not limited to, truck change out, tread brake change, actuator change out, wheel change out, safety inspections, and brake test on consist of.
‣ Complete interior and exterior inspections of the coach including all subsystems and safety equipment.
‣ Inspect equipment and complete repairs to ensure that locomotives and coaches are adequately prepared for dispatch.
‣ Perform scheduled inspections and unscheduled repairs, including component replacements on locomotives, including but not limited to engine components, systems (fuel, lubricating oil, cooling, central air, compressed air, truck assembly, and locomotive electrical system), and running gear.
‣ Dumping and charging of coach toilets and unclog blockages as needed. Fill the water tank and glycol tank.
‣ Perform repairs using all related hand and power tools such as but not limited to pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, and measuring instruments.
‣ Provide Clerical staff information to generate service requests and work orders.
‣ Equipment Fault finding with corresponding repairs.
‣ Traveling off-site to outpost locations for repairs, troubleshooting, and repairing equipment.
‣ Perform other duties as assigned
‣ Grade 12 or equivalent
‣ Minimum of 1- year of work experience in the Mechanical and Electrical maintenance field.
‣ Capable of reading and understanding electrical and mechanical drawings and maintenance manuals
‣ Experience using power tools and hand tools.
‣ Familiarity with AC and DC power and control systems and HVAC systems is an asset.
‣ Good English reading, writing, and speaking skills are required.
‣ Must possess a valid Class G Driver’s license.