- Full Time
- Vaughan, ON CA View on Map
- posted 3 months ago
- Posted : September 6, 2022 -Accepting applications
- Salary: $75,000.00 - $79,000.00 / per year
- View(s) 594
Job ID 14962
Experience 4 Years
Merit Services Ltd. is looking for an Electric Designer for its client in Vaughan!
‣ Supports Senior Designers with electrical design and drafting of low and medium-voltage electrical distribution systems.
‣ Develops or designs various electrical, instrumentation, and control drawings.
‣ Prepares various drawings such as single line diagrams, equipment layouts, cable tray layouts, grounding layouts, wiring, schematic diagrams, installation details, panel schedules, cable schedules, electrical heat tracing, bill of materials, PLC or instrumentation panels, etc.
‣ Prepares equipment specifications and sizing.
‣ Conducts various calculations such as voltage drop, cable tray fill, lighting, etc.
‣ Creates and maintains drawings using AutoCAD.
‣ Maintains electrical data, documentation, and drawings.
‣ Such other duties may be assigned from time to time.
‣ College Diploma in electrical engineering technology or equivalent with minimum of 4 years of heavy industrial experience.
‣ Working knowledge of Canadian Electrical Codes, electrical engineering principles and practices, and industry and regulatory codes and standards (OESC, NEC, CSA, IEEE, NFPA).
‣ Ability and interest in developing and drafting drawings.
‣ Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
‣ Strong team player with the ability to coordinate and work with other engineering disciplines.
‣ Proficient with Microsoft Office and AutoCAD.
‣ Experience with Revit and Navisworks 3D is an asset.
‣ Electrical design experience in underground mining is an asset