Driver – Roll Off
- Full Time
- View on Map
- posted 2 months ago
- Posted : September 22, 2022 -Accepting applications
- Salary: $28.00 - $30.00 / per hour
- View(s) 682
Job ID 13464
Merit Services is looking to hire Drivers for its client. The main duties will be to safely operate roll-off truck and ancillary equipment on an assigned route to service customers in a safe and efficient manner. Deliver collected solid waste to disposal site.
‣ Operate roll-off truck and ancillary equipment to collect solid waste on a specified collection route.
‣ Complete pre-trip and post-trip safety lane inspections and reports, daily truck report, route sheets and other documentation requested by supervisor daily.
‣ Communicate vehicle mechanical problems to mechanic and supervisor immediately.
‣ Maintain route quality standards as predetermined by management.
‣ Operate truck and equipment using prescribed techniques to eliminate driver–induced mechanical failures.
‣ Follow all safety standards, equipment checks and precautions in performance of all duties. Comply with all federal, state, local and company rules on safety and vehicle operation including any required customer specific rules or regulations.
‣ Communicate any potential hazards in serving/picking up container to Supervisor/Lead prior to performing task
‣ Maintain clean vehicle by cleaning cab interior and exterior of vehicle.
‣ High school diploma or general education degree (GED) desired.
‣ Possess valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
‣ One (1) year of satisfactory driving experience of Class A or B vehicles preferred.
‣ Satisfactory driving record.
‣ Must pass a DOT physical and drug screen and a criminal background check.
‣ Must pass the written and road test evaluation.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS
‣ Must be able to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear, climb, balance, and smell.
‣ Visual requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus due to the constant maneuvering of the vehicle in tight and high traffic areas.
‣ Ability to regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 100 pounds.
‣ Sitting is required up to 75% of the time due to the primary function of driving.
‣ Ability to work in usually loud conditions.