Drilling TechnicianPermanent posted 2 months ago
Merit Services is looking for a Drilling Technician to join our team, who will provide technical support and services to construction and other professional teams.
• Ensure underground drilling activities are conducted in accordance with the specifications provided by management.
• Comply with all safety requirements and observe all company policies/procedures.
• Definition of drilling duties including core logging, generation of drill layouts, drill plans/sections, communication with the drilling contractors, and site operations.
• Underground drill site inspections as required.
• Assist the drilling team with data entry and validation of drilling data.
• Conduct on-site inspections and studies prior to the commencement of site activities.
• Other duties as may be required.
• College diploma in a related field is a strong asset.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in drilling mud activities.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Database Management software.
• Daily exposure to construction environment; Must be able to work outdoors.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Work in a fast-paced environment.
• Good command of English.