Production Operations Director
- Full Time
- View on Map
- posted 3 months ago
- Posted : September 2, 2022 -Accepting applications
- Salary: $72,000.00 - $79,000.00 / per year
- View(s) 521
Job ID 15018
‣ Develop a multi-year strategic vision for the areas they oversee that aligns with the 5-year growth plan.
‣ Promote a safety culture; taking all reasonable precautions to protect team members from illness or injury. Investigate and report on safety incidents.
‣ Accountable for operational expenses with the expectation of delivering on-budget targets
‣ Implement process improvements that ensure high quality, safe, and efficient production as S&C’s products continue to grow.
‣ Create and drive a positive, diverse, and inclusive work environment, building on the Job Relations best practices deployed throughout the leadership team.
‣ Maintain a high level of quality on-time shipments to both internal and external customers.
‣ Empower managers to achieve weekly, monthly, and annual targets in Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity, Cost, and Human Development.
‣ Be a strategic partner to internal customers to discover new solutions, resulting in commercial and operational success.
‣ Create, maintain, and report production status through solid visuals such as KPI boards.
‣ Coach and mentor direct reports in Problem Solving and other LPS/CI activities.
‣ Responsible for decisions regarding performance management, hires promotions, corrective action, and terminations.
‣ Identify training and skill development to meet departmental needs that align with our competency framework (“Career Framework”) and training direct reports to support this initiative.
‣ Serve as a change agent by influencing, communicating, and institutionalizing a culture of simplification, accountability, standard work, process improvement, and lean principles.
‣ Degree in engineering, operations., or related field or combination of education and experience • Experience leading Quality Management teams and systems is a plus
‣ Minimum of ten years of production supervisory experience in high and low volume complex assembly and fabrication environments containing multiple shifts
‣ Demonstrated track record of lean manufacturing leadership, sustained improvements, and KPI attainment
‣ Experience leading multiple complex product teams within a high mix-low volume manufacturing environment
‣ Technical aptitude and knowledge of assembly processes, sheet metal fabrication, welding, and paint finishing
‣ Proven team building and change management skills to coach, mentor and empower team members throughout the organization
‣ Proven record of developing team members