Director – Production OperationsContract posted 4 months ago
Merit Services is looking for a Director in Production Operations for our client. The ideal candidate has the ability to grow and strategize a growth plan.
• Develop a multi-year strategic vision for the areas they oversee that aligns with the 5-year growth plan.
• Promote a safety culture; taking all reasonable precautions to protect team members from illness or injury. Investigate and report on safety incidents.
• Accountable for operational expenses with the expectation of delivering on-budget targets.
• Implement process improvements that ensure high quality, safe, and efficient production as S&C’s products continue to grow.
• Create and drive a positive, diverse, and inclusive work environment, building on the Job Relations best practices deployed throughout the leadership team.
• Maintain a high level of quality on-time shipments to both internal and external customers.
• Empower managers to achieve weekly, monthly, and annual targets in Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity, Cost, and Human Development.
• Be a strategic partner to internal customers to discover new solutions, resulting in commercial and operational success.
• Create, maintain, and report production status through solid visuals such as KPI boards.
• Coach and mentor direct reports in Problem Solving and other LPS/CI activities.
• Responsible for decisions regarding performance management, hires promotions, corrective action, and terminations.
• Identify training and skill development to meet departmental needs that align with our competency framework (“Career Framework”) and training direct reports to support this initiative.
• Serve as a change agent by influencing, communicating, and institutionalizing a culture of simplification, accountability, standard work, process improvement, and lean principles.
• Degree in engineering, operations., or related field or combination of education and experience.
• Experience leading Quality Management teams and systems is a plus.
• Minimum of ten years of production supervisory experience in high and low volume complex assembly and fabrication environments containing multiple shifts
• Demonstrated track record of lean manufacturing leadership, sustained improvements, and KPI attainment.
• Experience leading multiple complex product teams within a high mix-low volume manufacturing environment.
• Technical aptitude and knowledge of assembly processes, sheet metal fabrication, welding, and paint finishing.
• Proven team building and change management skills to coach, mentor and empower team members throughout the organization.
• Proven record of developing team members.