Merit Services is looking to hire a Data Scientist for their clients
Responsibilities for Data Scientist
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to explore opportunities to use company data to create business solutions.
- Analyze and optimise product development, marketing approaches, and commercial strategies by mining and analysing data from company databases.
- Evaluate the efficacy and precision of new data sources and data collection methodologies.
- Create unique data models and algorithms for use with specific data sets.
- Increase and optimise customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting, and other business results by using predictive modelling.
- Work with various functional teams to implement models and track results.
Skills and Qualifications for Data Scientist
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.