Position: Core Technician (Fixed term- Seasonal)
Reporting to the Ferrous Project Geologists and under the direction of the Senior Core Technician, cut, sample, move and store drill core, and other duties to assist Geologists as required.
The position is site based with 3 weeks on / 3 weeks off rotation and will be on a fixed term contract from June 2021 – October 2021.
- Follow and adhere to client’s Environmental, Health and Safety Policies and Standards at all times
- Cutting and sampling of drill core.
- Moving core boxes from core racks to and from core processing facilities.
- Assisting with core storage and retrieval
- Assisting with processing sampled drill core for shipment to off-site laboratories.
- Daily communication with Geologists and Geotechnicians.
- General camp duties that may occur in the course of supporting the Exploration programs
- Ability to lift and carry ~50 lbs of boxed core
- High School Diploma or GED
- College Diploma Geological Technician / Technologist preferred
- Previous core cutting experience would be considered an asset
- Good skills with Microsoft Office Suite
- Hold or be able to obtain Standard First Aid / CPR certificate
- Hold or be able to obtain a valid site driver’s license