Coordinator, CultivationPermanent posted 4 days ago
Merit Services is looking for a Cultivation Coordinator for our client. The incumbent will work closely with the Cannabis Compliance Manager, helping with the coordination and administration of cannabis-related tasks and ensuring adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate and participate in activities such as plant maintenance, delivery, harvesting and cycle renewal.
- Must follow Aurora’s standard operating procedures and comply with Health Canada’s Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes (ACMPR), where applicable. In addition, all ISO and Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) requirements must be met.
- Ensures crop growth specifications are acceptable by meeting or exceeding company goals and objectives.
- Coordinate day-to-day activities to identify opportunities to improve productivity, efficiency and quality.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure timely and effective operations, including facility maintenance.
- Train, direct, manage and strengthen production staff.
- Regularly provide fair and balanced performance information to employees to encourage and motivate a motivated workforce.
- Communicates openly and honestly with all employees to build trust and effective teamwork.
- Encourage employee participation to achieve common organizational goals.
- Participate in Aurora’s Joint Health and Safety Committee as needed.
- Identify unsafe conditions and practices and take corrective action to avoid injury and product loss.
- Provide support by conducting production area safety inspections and participating in accident investigations and inspection programs.
- Job details and activities may change from time to time to meet operational needs.
- Promote and maintain the requirements of Good Manufacturing Practices when appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in trade, horticulture, or a related field is preferred but not required.
- At least 2 years of experience working in a cannabis cultivation office or dispensary.
- Solid knowledge of state and nearby directions governing cannabis cultivation or dispensary operations.
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to oversee numerous tasks at the same time.
- Great communication aptitudes and the capacity to work well with a group.
- Solid problem-solving skills and the ability to form sound decisions under pressure.
- Adaptability and flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Enthusiasm for the cannabis industry and a desire to learn and grow within the industry.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Chances for growth and progress in one’s professional life.
- A positive work environment.
- Chance to engage in stimulating and demanding endeavors.
We invite all qualified candidates individuals to submit their applications for this thrilling prospect.
In case you meet the qualifications and have a passion for cannabis coordination, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.