Controls System Software DesignerPermanent posted 4 weeks ago
Merit Services is seeking a Control Systems Software Designer for our client in London. As a Controls System Software Designer you will get to work with the most recent industrial control devices, such as PLCs, Human Machine Interfaces, Servo Controllers, Robots, and Data Acquisition tools
- You will create automated assembly system real-time control software. Primarily in the B&R Automation Studio environment.
- You will also create interfaces between computers and people. These interfaces could be pre-made GUIs created in Visual Basic or Visual C++, SCADA nodes.
- You will be able to collaborate with mechanical and electrical designers to make sure that the control system will adhere to performance, dependability, and functionality standards.
- You will be a part of systems integration. This will include testing systems hardware and software.
- You will set up the calibration of intelligent devices,
- You will ensure that all projects are met in terms of quality, functionality, and safety expectations.
- Strong knowledge of B&R and servo motion controls
- Knowledge of real-time controls, PLC programming, motion controls, vision programming, and robotic controls.
- 4+ years of programming expertise in B&R Automation Studio.
- 3+ years of experience with Rockwell or Siemens platforms.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- 2+ years using Python and C++.
- Must be able to travel worldwide and have a current passport. Travel projected to be 5%-15% of the time.
- A competitive benefits package including health and dental plans.
- Flexible work schedule.
- A positive work environment
- Compensated time off provided by employers for the purpose of vacation.
Contact us today to explore new opportunities, or connect with us on LinkedIn for the latest updates.