Construction SupervisorPermanent posted 2 months ago
Merit Services is looking for a Construction Supervisor for our client. The incumbent will oversee the compliance of all specifications and is responsible for managing and reviewing field operations.
• Execute projects on schedule, budget, quality, and safely.
• Direct the daily fieldwork to ensure compliance with specifications and drawings.
• Manage the field labor pool and associated equipment, subcontractors, and supplies to ensure project execution meetings project schedule.
• Direct onsite health and safety. Mentor site staff to ensure the maintenance of a safe culture.
• Assist in the recruitment of competent field resources as necessary working with the project manager.
• Manage Heavy Equipment, Vehicles, and Manpower Resources on site.
• Ensure that required operating staff training and H&S compliance are completed.
• Actively participate in the cultivation of onsite health and safety culture, leading by example.
• Actively participate in Operations Meetings, and lead morning tailgate meetings.
• Review and make recommendations on near misses and incidents.
• Conduct site inspections showing health and safety leadership
• Assist in hazard identification and ensure pre-job requirements such as locates, licensing, permits, etc. are in place.
• Manage the manpower, equipment, tools, and materials necessary to support the project schedule.
• Review plans and specifications to ensure the work being performed meets the project requirements.
• Minimum of 3 years experience as supervisor in a civil or environmental construction environment. Remediation background is an asset
• Demonstrated commitment to H&S and the cultivation of a safe environment.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities, able to lead field resources including laborers, operators, technicians etc.
• Ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal format.
• Ability to work in a team environment with other Project Managers, Engineers, and Superintendents.
• Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a controlled demeanor.
• Understand and adhere to the Ontario environmental and labor legislation, standards, and guidelines.
• Extensive experience reading and interpreting specifications and drawings for large civil construction projects
• Extensive knowledge of regional construction practices.