Construction Health and Safety SpecialistPermanent posted 6 days ago
Join Merit Services client in Forest Hill as a Construction Health and Safety Specialist and play a critical role in ensuring our safety, health, and environmental goals are met with zero incidents. As a specialist, you will collaborate with line management to provide necessary support and maintain a safe and healthy workplace. Join our team today and make a meaningful impact in the construction industry while contributing to our commitment to safety and well-being.
- Conduct safety and environmental performance assessments and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure compliance with regional laws, client standards, and company policies.
- Direct investigations and root cause analyses of accidents and incidents.
- Perform necessary administrative tasks.
- Coordinate corporate or project-level safety training and purchase PPE and safety supplies.
- Manage drug and alcohol programs at the company or project level.
- Collaborate with line staff to establish safe work procedures and track compliance through safety inspections.
- Assess adherence to regulatory health and safety, environmental, and organizational standards.
- Monitor and report on the organization’s environmental, health, and safety performance.
- Undertake other tasks as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferable HSE certifications such as OHST and CHST.
- Three or more years of experience in a similar position.
- Construction industry experience is a plus.
- Must possess a valid G driver’s license.
- Health insurance to help you take care of your physical and mental well-being.
- Wellness programs to support your healthy lifestyle and promote work-life balance.
- Performance bonuses to recognize and reward your hard work and contributions to the team.