Class 1 driverFull Time Permanent posted 1 month ago
Merit Services is looking for Class 1 Driver for our client in the Recycling industry. We need a highly motivated individual to come on board as a Class 1 A driver. You will begin by working with the crew in a driving capacity delivering loads of scrap metal from our client’s location to the steel mill. This position will give you a front-row seat to learn how our crews operate and to potentially train for more senior roles including Skid Steer operator and Excavator operator/Crew lead.
‣ Navigating to and from job sites.
‣ Assisting in the loading and scrap removal process.
‣ Delivering loads of scrap metal to the steel mill.
‣ Assisting in servicing and securing equipment.
‣ Good common sense
‣ Great attitude and can adapt to changing situations on the fly
‣ Strong communication skills and work well with a crew of other like-minded individuals.
‣ Basic mechanical aptitude
‣ Minimum of 2 years class 1 A driving experience (manual transmission)
‣ Willingness to work on the road part of the week.
‣ Skid steer and excavator experience is considered an asset.
‣ Off road, experience is considered an asset.
‣ Mechanical aptitude is considered an asset.
‣ Dental care
‣ Extended health care
‣ Paid time off
‣ Vision care
‣ Bonus pay
‣ Overtime pay
‣ Industry-leading work-life balance with our 5 on 3 off schedule.
‣ Formal and informal employee development.
‣ Meaningful work that leaves our customer’s properties cleaner while recycling obsolete steel products and doing a solid for the environment.