Class 1 driverFull Time Permanent posted 2 months ago
Summary: Merit Services is looking for Class 1 Driver for our client in the Recycling industry. We need a highly motivated individual to come on board as a Class 1 A driver. You will begin by working with the crew in a driving capacity delivering loads of scrap metal from our client’s location to the steel mill. This position will give you a front-row seat to learn how our crews operate and to potentially train for more senior roles including Skid Steer operator and Excavator operator/Crew lead.
- Navigating to and from job sites.
- Assisting in the loading and scrap removal process.
- Delivering loads of scrap metal to the steel mill.
- Assisting in servicing and securing equipment.
- Good common sense
- Great attitude and can adapt to changing situations on the fly
- Strong communication skills and work well with a crew of other like-minded individuals.
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Minimum of 2 years class 1 A driving experience (manual transmission)
- Willingness to work on the road part of the week.
- Skid steer and excavator experience is considered an asset.
- Off road, experience is considered an asset.
- Mechanical aptitude is considered an asset.