Reporting to the Captain and the Vessel Superintendent, the Chief Engineer is responsible for monitoring all onboard equipment and systems together with implementing the vessel planned maintenance program. The Chief Engineer is responsible for organizing and supervising engine room operations, act as approving authority for all Permit to Work requests, and ensure that Secunda Canada’s HSEQ policies and programs are communicated to, understood and complied with by all engine room employees.
Qualifications, Experience and Personal Attributes:
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications, experience and personal attributes.
- 1st Class Motor Certificate of Competency
- Valid Marine Basic First Aid
- Valid Unrestricted Transport Canada Marine Medical
- Ship Personnel with Designated Security Duties certificate
- Proven track record in relevant offshore experience within the marine sector; recent offshore standby experience on a PSV or AHTS vessel is strongly preferred
- Valid Canadian passport; Canadian citizenship or landed immigrant status
- Ability to read, write, understand and speak English
- Experience with NS5 is an asset